Cortex PBP Games

 
* *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2018, 02:09:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 24767
  • Total Topics: 531
  • Online Today: 13
  • Online Ever: 78
  • (August 03, 2013, 08:27:12 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 7
Total: 7

Recent

7 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: [D:LH] Boil, Boil, Boil, and Bubble  (Read 14124 times)

November 03, 2014, 11:44:06 AM
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 3500
  • Karma: +14/-1
    • View Profile

Once the pipeline expedition returned to Davaao, when they humans opened up the spigot, they discovered the oil was a sweet, light, crude that flowed without difficulty via the primitive gravity fed line from the well head. Now in possession of a reliable source of oil, the next step was to convert the raw crude into gasoline for the Macao Clipper.

The humans were already trading their technology for a livelihood among the Lemurians in the form of the sawmill that
Chester McKenzie and the blast furnace that Sam Mayo were building. Making fuel out of oil would require two more projects storage tanks and a refinery. Carel De Vries the Dutch engineer was certain he could design both, but would obviously need more Lemurian assistance.

"Captain Jackson. After risking your life to bring oil to Davaao, I know you want to see your magnificent plane fly again. To do so, I'm going to need your help in gaining an audience with Aako-Hris-Am to gain that assistance. Probably going to need the smith Jon-Mak-An's help as well. What do you say Mister President, you ready to call a meeting of state?" 
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak." Jayne Cobb


November 03, 2014, 01:43:30 PM
Reply #1

NORMAN ELLINGTON
US Army Pilot
1903 Springfield Rifle- 3 5rnd magazines, 30 loose rounds
M1917 .45 Revolver- 18 loose rnds

Norman wakes up and goes through his normal routine of stretching and shadow boxing to loosen up. Stepping outside he looks around and steps off the porch and onto the ground.

Walking past the female's house he hopes to catch a quick glance of Wanda, but it appears he was out of luck. Smiling to himself Norman makes a mental note to figure out a way to be able to talk to her at some point.

Looking over at the goose as he walks into the city Norman wonders when Jackson plans on going back to the Japanese plane they found. They could definitely use some of the parts off of it. Especially some of the radio parts. Pausing long enough to let the shade cool him off from the heat and not really knowing where he is going Norman finds the nearest Lemurian guard and says "excuse me, I apologize for this....can you tell me where your hunters are located? I wish to speak with them." In Lemurian as best as he can.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 03:12:23 PM by browncoat29 »
Do or do not. There is no try.


November 03, 2014, 02:39:23 PM
Reply #2
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 3500
  • Karma: +14/-1
    • View Profile

"excuse me, I apologize for this....can you tell me where your hunters are located? I wish to speak with them."

The Lemurian's ears twitched and he blinked several times in a pattern Normal thought meant understanding before he spoke.

"Hunters not usually in city. Best are loners and not like Davaao, too many voices they say. I am Jigla-Kor-Faan. I will speak to my elders. How are you called and where do I find you if I locate a hunter?"
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak." Jayne Cobb


November 03, 2014, 03:08:44 PM
Reply #3

NORMAN ELLINGTON
US Army Pilot
1903 Springfield Rifle- 3 5rnd magazines and, 30 loose rounds
M1917 .45 Revolver- 18 loose rounds

"I am called Norman Ellington. I can be found at either the human camp or with Jackson-ag. I thank you for your help Jigla-Kor-Faan. " Norman gives a genuine friendly smile and nods his head in thanks . Once Jigla-Kor-Faan has walked away Norman walks back outside of the city and pauses in a small piece of shade. I wonder where Jackson is...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:37:43 AM by browncoat29 »
Do or do not. There is no try.


November 12, 2014, 11:20:00 AM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 3500
  • Karma: +14/-1
    • View Profile

Norman wanders around Davaao for a bit and finds Captain Jackson listening to an animated conversation from the Dutch oil engineer Chester McKenzie. Whatever he's talking about, he seems excited about it.
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak." Jayne Cobb


November 12, 2014, 11:26:20 PM
Reply #5
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 4205
  • Karma: +15/-1
    • View Profile

Carter Jackson
  Pan AM Pilot
    Colt 1911 [5] [7] [7] + 33 rounds
    Thompson [20] [20] [20] + 7 rounds
    Scota
      PP:  6/12  AP:0 LP: 18 [W0 S0]

Carter stood relaxed as the engineer explained his needs. Out of the corner of one eye, he caught Norman approaching. A brief smile crossed his face and he nodded in agreement.

"Seems to be the right time to approach them about further assistance. We've given them a lot to think about, what with the new technology, the oil which they can use as well to power some of their devices or maybe use as fire fuel. And trapping the lizards. Must say, we probably have them in awe. I'll check with Aako-Hris-Am ... ah, Norman, right?" He turned to greet the fellow American pilot.
-Mac


GM: BumpInTheBlack
Player: D:LH, SAHC, BNW


November 13, 2014, 08:05:43 AM
Reply #6

NORMAN ELLINGTON
US Army Pilot
1903 Springfield Rifle- 3 5rnd magazines and, 30 loose rounds
M1917 .45 Revolver- 18 loose rounds

"Yes sir, Norman Ellington". Norman replies as he walks up. "I had a couple of ideas I wanted to run by you. I was wondering about our current food situation. I was thinking that since we've got here we've been relying on the Lemurians for the majority of the food, meat in particular. I've spoken with one of the guards who is going to locate a hunter and see if they will speak with me. I figured if we could learn how to hunt, we could start supporting ourselves, plus we can start paying them back for their hospitality." Norman pauses for a couple of seconds so Jackson can absorb the information.

"Which leads us to the second part. I've been thinking of the Japanese plane we found. If we could head back there, we could definitely strip some parts off of it. I've worked around radios and communications a bit, so I could see if I can get any parts from there to use on the Goose. Also I've hunted a fair bit in my life so I could see about picking up the trail of the survivors. atleast to see if they are still around."
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:50:52 PM by browncoat29 »
Do or do not. There is no try.


November 15, 2014, 03:08:22 PM
Reply #7
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 3500
  • Karma: +14/-1
    • View Profile

Carel De Vries frowned for moment and then spoke to Norman.

"Please excuse my interruption, but I think the residents of Davaao have their food needs well in hand. I'm sure our weapons would be of use, but given our shortage of ammunition, I don't think we can be so extravagant with our supply that we can expend our stock on hunting. Perhaps if we could forge some more primitive black powder weapons they would be suitable?"


De Vries smiled and continued.

"The recovery of as much of that Japanese bomber as possible, should however be a top priority. One engine seemed completely undamaged and I'm sure the other is salvageable. And aircraft quality aluminum is going to be in short supply for quite some time. I do think our technological expertise is sufficient collateral to pay for our upkeep though Leftenant."
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak." Jayne Cobb


November 15, 2014, 04:09:32 PM
Reply #8

NORMAN ELLINGTON
US Army Pilot
1903 Springfield Rifle- 3 5rnd magazines and, 30 loose rounds
M1917 .45 Revolver- 18 loose rounds

Thinking for a moment, Norman replies "Those are very good points and I'll agree with you on the Japanese plane. Now as far as the hunting, I'll have to disagree with you on that point."

Norman taps the stock of the Springfield slung on his shoulder.

"As far as the food situation, I was referring to ours. If we learn how they hunt then we can augment our meals with meat. That would let us not rely to heavily on them for that at least. As far as using up our supply of ammo...The Lemurians don't use firearms so it would benefit us in finding out how. It could give us a decent substitution for the firearms. "

Do or do not. There is no try.


November 16, 2014, 11:47:32 AM
Reply #9
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 4205
  • Karma: +15/-1
    • View Profile

Carter Jackson
  Pan AM Pilot
    Colt 1911 [5] [7] [7] + 33 rounds
    Thompson [20] [20] [20] + 7 rounds
    Scota
      PP:  6/12  AP:0 LP: 18 [W0 S0]

Carter watched the two men discuss their ideas. He smiled as the plans started to go together.

"Yeah. Our weapons should be for serious action. Say if we do run into Japs armed for bear. We should learn as much as we can about the primitive weapons that we can use against the Grik while we are out foraging. And getting the Jap plane stripped is a good idea. Let's form up a scavenging team and get back out there. But first, I'll get approval on building that refinery."
-Mac


GM: BumpInTheBlack
Player: D:LH, SAHC, BNW


November 18, 2014, 02:04:30 PM
Reply #10
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 3500
  • Karma: +14/-1
    • View Profile

Carel De Vries smiled and turned to face Norman.

"You are welcome to go with us to see Aako-Hris-Am. He would be the one that would approve any hunting, but I still think the salvaging of that Japanese wreck is the greater priority."
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak." Jayne Cobb


November 18, 2014, 03:27:54 PM
Reply #11

NORMAN ELLINGTON
US Army Pilot
1903 Springfield Rifle- 3 5rnd magazines and, 30 loose rounds
M1917 .45 Revolver- 18 loose rounds


Norman smiles as Carel extends the invitation to join them. "Thank you, I'd be happy to go with you. I'm ready whenever you are ."
Do or do not. There is no try.


November 19, 2014, 06:28:30 PM
Reply #12
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 3500
  • Karma: +14/-1
    • View Profile

The three humans walked over to the central meeting place of Davaao and after speaking with a couple young Whiskers, they eventually entered the great chamber of the city. Sitting upon his couch like chair was the U-Amaki himself, Aako-Hris-Am and with him was his sky priest Jannik-Ree-Ad. Aako rises and greeted the humans as they entered

"Greetings to you Capi-taan Jaackson. Builder De Vries, and warrior Elli-saan. What brings you to me this day?"
"If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak." Jayne Cobb


November 25, 2014, 03:32:15 PM
Reply #13

NORMAN ELLINGTON
US Army Pilot
1903 Springfield Rifle- 3 5rnd magazines, 30 loose rounds
M1917 .45 Revolver- 18 loose rnds

PP: 3


Norman politely waits as Aako-Hris-Am greets the trio. Once he is done Norman gives a polite bow and says "honored elder, thank you for seeing us on this day. We have a couple different matters that we would like to discuss with you. The idea that I had is small in nature so if it pleases every one I can go first."

Norman glances around and pauses as he waits to see if there are any objections. Not hearing any he continues speaking.

"I was a hunter from the place we came from. Since arriving here I've felt the call of the wild or the hunter's nature pulling at my heart. I'd like to start hinting again, but I would like your permission on a couple matters. First I'd like your permission to go hunting. With you being the leader of this city. You'd also naturally be the leader outside of the gates and into the jungles. So naturally I seek your permission since the last thing I want to do is insult you or your people. Second would it be possible to meet any of your local hunters? Maybe we could learn from one another by teaching each other what we know. Plus if this is successful it will further the already strong alliance between our two groups."

Having said his piece Norman steps back to the others as he waits to hear a decision.


Speech-
Code: [Select]
willpower+influence+good natured+plot points 1d10 : 8, total 8
Rolled 1d4 : 2, total 2
Rolled 1d4 : 3, total 3
Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2
   Grand Total=15

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:28:16 PM by browncoat29 »
Do or do not. There is no try.


November 26, 2014, 12:51:30 AM
Reply #14
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 4205
  • Karma: +15/-1
    • View Profile

Carter Jackson
  Pan AM Pilot
    Colt 1911 [5] [7] [7] + 33 rounds
    Thompson [20] [20] [20] + 7 rounds
    Scota
      PP:  6/12  AP:0 LP: 18 [W0 S0]

After Norman states his request, Carter pauses for Aako to respond before adding his own.

"Yes, and we are also looking at producing the fuel for our winged beast. It will still require construction, and we will need the assistance of your artisans to craft that which our Builder will design. With your honored permission, of course. Oh, and if we could get an escort back out to the location of the crashed bird that we discovered during our previous venture... there are parts of that craft that we can use on our own."
-Mac


GM: BumpInTheBlack
Player: D:LH, SAHC, BNW