Cortex PBP Games

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2018, 02:21:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 24765
  • Total Topics: 531
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 78
  • (August 03, 2013, 08:27:12 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Recent

11 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: [BitB] Bump in the Black OOC  (Read 23457 times)

July 05, 2011, 07:17:46 PM

Here's the new OOC thread. :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:35:18 AM by MacTrom »
Davy

"Before you become too entranced with gorgeous gadgets and mesmerizing video displays, let me remind you that information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom, and wisdom is not foresight. Each grows out of the other, and we need them all." -- Arthur C. Clarke (1917-2008)

July 06, 2011, 12:14:22 AM
Reply #1

Crew roster is in The Lady Elena thread.
Davy

"Before you become too entranced with gorgeous gadgets and mesmerizing video displays, let me remind you that information is not knowledge, knowledge is not wisdom, and wisdom is not foresight. Each grows out of the other, and we need them all." -- Arthur C. Clarke (1917-2008)

July 06, 2011, 05:17:24 PM
Reply #2
  • Grizzled Warrior
    • View Profile

In terms of where to go... I really don't know the layout of the 'verse :P
I'm thinking maybe Jangying? Would there be any problems with that?
Writer: The Only Good Bug...

July 06, 2011, 05:28:00 PM
Reply #3

Well Jangyin has its own problems, and isn't really a big cargo destination (though supplies are occasionally needed out there). Odds are, it will be a border planet to border planet thing, or, possibly, border planet to core world.

You folks can let the available cargoes determine the destination, too...
Davy

July 06, 2011, 05:32:43 PM
Reply #4
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
    • View Profile

Since Persephone is just inside the edge of the Core limit, the most direct movement out to Border would be to any planets around the Red Sun. Greenleaf, Jubilee, Harvest, Jangyin, St. Albans...

-Mac

GM: BumpInTheBlack
Player: D:LH, SAHC, BNW

July 07, 2011, 08:28:46 PM
Reply #5
  • Grizzled Warrior
    • View Profile

I just realised I have absolutely zip in the way of equipment.
How much money would I theoretically be able to spend on gear, assuming I can find my pdf of the book?

July 08, 2011, 12:23:59 PM
Reply #6

I don't know if Mac used a different number for this campaign setting, but veteran characters from the Core Book errata we had received a few years back get ₡250.
Davy

July 08, 2011, 12:43:25 PM
Reply #7
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
    • View Profile

I don't know if Mac used a different number for this campaign setting, but veteran characters from the Core Book errata we had received a few years back get ₡250.

I hadn't set anything other than a restriction on legality and accessibility. Basically, as long as it wasn't something game-busting, and was reasonable to expect to be able to obtain, then it would be approvable. That's why Vic's attempt to get a personal flyer ran into such restrictions on gathering parts and taking the time to rebuild it.

-Mac

July 08, 2011, 01:14:03 PM
Reply #8
  • Grizzled Warrior
    • View Profile

Cool. Well I mainly just want some sort of pistol and various sundries, so i'll sort it out at some point...

July 12, 2011, 07:06:37 PM
Reply #9

FYI, I use the Verse Map made by Wydraz some time ago; I even created a spreadsheet to calculate travel times based on that map. I'd post the map, but it's too big for the site's max file size (and shrinking it down to fit would probably make it unreadable).

I'd be happy to email anyone who wants one a copy of both the map and the spreadsheet (it's in Excel format).
Davy

July 12, 2011, 08:45:16 PM
Reply #10
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
    • View Profile

FYI, I use the Verse Map made by Wydraz some time ago; I even created a spreadsheet to calculate travel times based on that map. I'd post the map, but it's too big for the site's max file size (and shrinking it down to fit would probably make it unreadable).

I'd be happy to email anyone who wants one a copy of both the map and the spreadsheet (it's in Excel format).

How does it compare to the QMx map that I have posted in the 'Verse thread?
-Mac

July 12, 2011, 08:54:09 PM
Reply #11

Pretty different. Wydraz noted that it was based on the map in the core rulebook (I assume that means the image on p. 208), so it's five separate systems in close proximity.
Davy

July 12, 2011, 09:11:52 PM
Reply #12
  • Administrator
  • Grizzled Warrior
    • View Profile

Pretty different. Wydraz noted that it was based on the map in the core rulebook (I assume that means the image on p. 208), so it's five separate systems in close proximity.

Not so bad off the bat. At least it has the five star system. In the book, the relationship is based on Miranda, and there really isn't much detail on where things are, but I'd suspect White Sun is the Core in the middle. So it just becomes a case of where each planet has been placed around which suns. I think we can accept that.

I have seen other maps where the planets are all in orbit around a single sun, and that's what would have surprised me.
-Mac

July 13, 2011, 06:32:02 AM
Reply #13
  • Grizzled Warrior
    • View Profile

Ok, so I just flicked through the equipment listing. I want:
-A pistol
-A ballistic mesh vest
Other than that I just want various sundries, clothing and such... Is that okay?

July 13, 2011, 10:42:38 AM
Reply #14

Works for me. Put it on your character sheet. :)
Davy